domingo, 2 de agosto de 2020

Blog 9: Changes to my study programme

Hi there! Today we talk about the program of the career that we are studying and the things that we would change it. I study social work, which is a discipline of social sciences, and this means that it has a lot of subjects that points to the history of this. It has a lot of theoretical subjects, because that's the perspective of the career in this university, that the social work needs to be more investigative and not so practical. Because its a social science and mostly theory, we don't need a complex infrastructure or technology, like labs (at least not yet, because I'm in the second year). I really love the classrooms, because they are spacious and moderns (in some buildings), and the teaching method is basically speeches from the teachers, which I don't mind. Until now I only would change some subjects that are "in the air", I mean that there a few subjects that I think would be useful when I get graduated and get a job. I feel like there's a lot of things that in others universities teach but not here, because of the perspective that they have of social work, and I think that's okay, but I'm afraid of getting graduated, getting a job and not knowing what to do because nobody taught me what to do in real life, in that kind of social work that the teachers doesn't approve. I really hope that this fear doesn't make true and in the three years that I have left, I learn all of this haha.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Blog 9: Changes to my study programme

Hi there! Today we talk about the program of the career that we are studying and the things that we would change it. I study social work, wh...