viernes, 5 de junio de 2020

Blog 3: Recommended movie

Hi everyone! today I'll write about a movie that I recommend (that is also one of my favorites movies): V for Vendetta. It's an adaptation of the comic books with the same name. The director of it is James McTeigue, and this was his debut movie, although he was assistant director of Matrix and collaborated in Sense 8.

The movie is set in a dystopic future in a totalitarian Britain, with a dark past that we get to know during the history progresses. The main characters are Evey (Natalie Portman) and V (Hugo Weaving). V is a masked man, who uses the mask of Guy Fawkes. This mask is world-renowned as a symbol since the comic came out (in protests and as Anonymous face).


V and Evey meet during the curfew and there is where history begins. With Evey, we accompany V in his plan, which is to motivate a revolution to free the people of his fascist government. I think I like this movie because of it, that V is so committed to his idea.

I think that everyone should see it, not only for the political discourse but also because it's a great movie in every way, like photography and performances. I have chills whenever I see it haha.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Blog 9: Changes to my study programme

Hi there! Today we talk about the program of the career that we are studying and the things that we would change it. I study social work, wh...